Spend a rewarding weekend in the mountains where you will learn essential outdoor skills and enjoy a mountain expedition under the guidance and leadership of a qualified and extremely experienced Mountain Leader.
How you will benefit:
- Develop navigation skills in the mountains, build confidence in map reading both on and off paths
- Achieve mountain summits under the guidance of a qualified leader.
- Route planning
- Understanding the weather and planning an expedition in the mountains accordingly
- Camp craft
- Micro navigation with night navigation
- How to prepare for a multiday trip
- Reconnect with nature, enjoy some quiet and solitude and the freedom of the mountains
- Photography opportunities including sunset and sunrise (weather permitting)
- Learn about flora, fauna and geology of the area
- Being surrounded by inspiring scenery and stunning landscapes.
- Quality time with friends or family
- Invaluable time outdoors away from the hustle and stresses of day to day life
- Enjoying peace and quiet
- Gaining rewarding mountain skills and knowledge
- Improving confidence, fitness and experience
- Gaining quality mountain days for MTA trainees.
Cost: £99 per person
Dates for weekends in 2020 in Snowdonia and the Lake District will be announced soon.
- Full instruction and guidance from a qualified Mountain Leader for the duration of the experience
- A weekend away in UK mountains (2 days and 1 night wild camping)
- Use of maps and compasses
- 15% discount from Cotswold Outdoor
- Access to outdoor equipment hire
A detailed kit list and information pack will be provided on booking
- Accommodation for the Friday night if required
- Food and drink
- Kit, clothing and equipment
We pride ourselves on keeping group sizes small to ensure a quality, rewarding and tranquil experience for all.
Please see below for dates and locations
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Please note: the experience is based outdoors and will involve walking over undulating mountainous ground with ascents and descents. There will be stiles, possible becks to cross, and areas of moving across rocks and steep ground. Although prior experience/ training is not necessary, customers are expected to have a good degree of personal fitness.
Suitable for all ages (minimum age 13)