The National Three Peaks Challenge is an event in which participants attempt to climb the highest mountains of Scotland, Wales and England – often within 24 hours. Whether you are a company, charity or group of like-minded individuals, we can put together a personal programme to enable you to undertake this memorable challenge.
- Total ascent: 9700 feet
- Walking distance: up to 22 miles
- Duration: typically 24 hours, but a more relaxed time scale can be accomodated
- Dates: Ideally late May to September to utilise optimum daylight hours
- Maximum group size:8
- Minimum age: 16
- Maximum age: subject to medical
- Endurance factor: hard
Services we can provide:
- a qualified and experienced MTA leader throughout the challenge to ensure your safety and welfare at all times
- professional event organisation
- first aid qualified staff
- designated driver
- return travel by minibus
- accommodation options
- breakfast (other meals at individuals own cost)
- high energy snacks and hot/ cold drinks throughout challenge
- full itinerary, kit list and training plan provided
- discount on outdoor clothing and equipemtn
- option of additional training walks to help you prepare
- meeting with PATA leader prior to challenge
Please contact us for further details, to discuss your requirements and we would be happy to provide you with your personalised quotation
“Well what can we say to the fantastically supportive and hugely professional team at Pied A Terre Adventures. Truthfully ‘thank you’ is a poor attempt to convey the debt that we owe you, in particular Richard who guided our intrepid team of adventurers in our challenge to conquer the Three Peaks.
The four days was a whole raft of emotions; excitement, fear, curiosity, exhaustion – you name it, we felt it. At all times we were encouraged, motivated and, when we needed it, pushed to fulfil our dream of climbing Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike & Snowdon. It was brutal at times and the weather conditions didn’t help one little bit, but not once was there the remotest compromise in terms of maintaining our safety.
Richard, from Pete, Luke, Christopher, Graham and Tommi (not forgetting Gary & Tracie) thank you for enabling our dream and ambition to be realised. We will never forget Team Retribution!”
Over the years, concerns have been raised about the impact the Three Peaks Challenge has on the environment and the local residents surrounding these mountains. the main concerns raised is an increase in traffic and noise in rural areas at unsociable hours, litter, erosion of the area through people taking short cuts off the paths and in particular the lack of water and toilet facilities at Wasdale Head.
We take these considerations very seriously and do all we can to support the National Trails with the upkeep and care of these unique but environmentally sensitive areas. As a result we operate a small group policy specifically designed to minimise the environmental impact of this increasingly popular event.
Our ethos is very much to protect all our outdoor spaces, and we ask that all of our customers respect and adhere to our working code when travelling and booking with us.